Clos des Lambrays
Property deeds in the archives of the Abbaye de Citeaux dating back to 1365 refer to an estate called “Cloux des Lambrey” in Morey-St-Denis. Divided among 74 owners during the French revolution, the vineyard – which covers 8.70 hectares (about 21.5 acres) in the heart of the Côte des Nuits – was not reunified until the late 19th century.
In 1938, Renée Cosson inherited the Domaine du Clos des Lambrays and little was done for upkeep of the vineyard until 1979, when it was purchased by Roland de Chambure and the Saier brothers. Working with winemaker Thierry Brouin, they restored the estate and its wine to its former glory, and in 1981 Clos des Lambrays was awarded Grand Cru status.
2020年欧冠小组赛The Domaine has consistently produced superb wines over the years, earning it the sobriquet “jewel of the Côte de Nuits”.
One of five Grands Crus in Morey St Denis, Clos des Lambrays wines have a complex personality, at the same time full-bodied, unpolished and supple. Aptly described as “an iron fist in a velvet glove”, this exceptionally elegant Grand Cru is characterized by notes of black fruit. It is listed among the world’s 100 best wines in numerous reference sources.
2020年欧冠小组赛Situated on a narrow strip of land where vines have grown since the time of Charlemagne and the Dukes of Burgundy, Clos des Lambrays covers nearly 9 hectares (around 22 acres). The clay and limestone soil of the Côte de Nuits produces a pinot noir wine considered among the best in the world.
The Domaine produces a wine crafted in the purest tradition of Burgundy winemaking. With careful sorting of grapes during the harvest and rigorous selection of cuvées, Clos des Lambrays applies its savoir-faire with a single-minded commitment to excellence.
- 1365 First reference to a plot of vineyards in Morey-St-Denis called “Cloux des Lambrey” in archived deeds at the Abbaye de Citeaux
- 1981 Clos des Lambrays awarded Grand Cru classification
- 2014 LVMH acquires Clos des Lambrays